Monday, February 12, 2007

Recovering from The GRAMMY Awards, well...not really the awards so much as the Afterparty

Wow, the GRAMMYs were amazing. I'm still in L.A. as I write this, recovering from a 22 hour travel and party day. It was like the rock concert of the century. Many of the best acts in the world all performing together on one stage, for one night only. It blew my mind. I have always dreamed of going, but this year I finally did, and I'm so glad I did. Wow, can I say that again....WOW.

Overall, I did pretty well with my votes. A lot of the people I voted for ended up winning. Not sure if anyone has ever even theard the rest of the Dixie Chicks record, including myself, so I'm a bit shocked it won album of the year.

I'd have to say that I really enjoyed all of the performances, but the standout performances of the night for me were the Police (need I say more) with Sting's vocals just absolutely perfect, as well as Natalie Maines of the Dixie Chicks (still one of my favorite voices on the planet, even though I don't love her politics) and probably the most emotional performance Mary J. Blige will ever deliver. No, I didn't forget standout performances from Carey Underwood (damn, that girl can SANG), the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Justin Timberlake, Beyonce, Christina Aguilera (possibly the most vocal control on the planet?) or any of the other, seemingly hundreds of acts. They were all brilliant.

The GRAMMYs are all about the best of the best in music, and they all delivered. The official GRAMMY afterparty was out of this world. There was enough food and booze to make a small army very fat and very drunk. It was a full on production with Chinese Dragons dancing through the hall, all the way down to scantily clad girls dancing on these huge high-rises as well as hanging from the ceiling. It was like a full-on Cirque du Soleil production. I don't even want to guess how much they spent on that, oh well, it was fun.

Anyhow, I'll post some pics soon. As for now, back to work.....

No comments: